Thursday 1 March 2012

60th. birthday


I have had a long break after making Christmas cards, but needed to get back into it with a very special birthday card for my eldest brother. I had fun making this card - made a "prototype" first, then, when I was happy with the changes, made the final card. Along the way, I had fun with a couple of different techniques.
I started with a plain piece of cardstock (either whisper white or very vanilla), then chose some matching inkpads - marina mist, blue bayou, basic gray, and going gray), and swiped them across the card stock in long strips of varying pressure. A little smooch spritzed across the page, and you have a background to suit whatever you want.
The top photo shows the completed background "paper" with a stamped image to check the effect. The card was made in the "easel" form - check out this demo -http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/
I used the SU Top note die with the Big Shot, dsp from the SU Nautical expedition and SU Stamp set The Open Sea, from the summer mini cat. I needed to emboss the image to help it stand out more. The antique brads are used to hold the easel in position.
I hope my brother likes the card - he loves sailing!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment