Thursday 17 September 2009

Alisa's colour challenge



I have finally completed a card for Alisa's colour challenge - love the colours, and had in mind what I wanted to achieve, just difficulty finding that time to complete it.
I used the card on page 18 of the current mini cat., turned sideways, as inspiration. The stamp set was As Close as a Memory - inked the image up with sage shadow and old olive (I don't have always artichoke), and, as I couldn't find my water spritzer, brushed the stamp with a waterbrush and stamped on to watercolour paper.Then I used the waterbrush to shadow the plants with sahara sand ink. The image is matted on DSP from the outlaw range, and a 1/2" circle punched to provide the build a brad centre. Another mat from choc. chip, and a sliver of choc. chip to provide the 'ribbon' . I also used the eyelet border punch, and clear embossing powder with choc. chip ink for the sentiment.
That's all for now - back to work, so not sure when I'll get another chance to join in - thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jo, lovely to meet you and thanks for your kind words, I have a lot to learn though, anyway your card is just lovely, the colours are just perfect for a sympathy card, and it is put together so well, a very good job, congrats.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete