Tuesday 22 September 2009

Keesh's inkspiration sketch challenge #13




Well, here we are again, I've managed to complete cards for Keesh's delightful challenge - address as follows - http://www.makeeshabyl.com.au/index.php/2009/09/18/inkspirations-sketch-challenge-13/.
The sketch is above, and there have been some delightful cards made as a result. (When I am a little more knowledgable I will be able to indicate where to go to see the designer team results.) I thought that I should make a start on Christmas cards, so used the Solemn stillnes two-stampin set (retired, I think), and tried to use non traditional colours. All products are S.U.
I made two alternatives - one with Blue Bayou and Baja Breeze inks, and related cardstock and DSP. I couldn't find a ribbon to go along the bottom, so used the hodgepodge hardware instead. For the other card, I used Chocolate Chip and Old Olive inks, CS and DSP, but did find some ribbon from the beachfront selection, and used the build a brad. For both cards, I used the Dazzling Diamonds on the trees, and corner rounder punches (different sizes for each card), and the underlying squares were cut on the cricut.
I really enjoyed this challenge, and am quite happy with the result - except that I could not find space for a sentiment - but I guess that it's obvious that they are Christmas cards. Thanks for stopping by ;)

7 comments:

  1. Love the colour combinations, especially the Bayou and Baja! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that stamp set just gorgeous? I love what you have created for the challenge Jo, they are beautiful cards. Sally :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards Jo. They are Christmassy while still original. Esp like the baja breeze one. Great job,
    Fi xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Jo, and very appropriate considering Christmas is only 13 weeks away today!!! Love the hardware as well. Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hi Jo!

    Your cards are just lovely and as keesh said above - very appropriate with chrissie not that far away!

    So glad I provided you some unusual inspiration too! lol Nice to know I can still do that...........in a different way! lol

    Take care

    Luv karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jo - just me again! lol

    I just read your post on my blog......I honestly didnt take offence to anything - I was just wrapped to think that I had somehow inspired you even when I hadnt made a card! lol

    Hope your having a great weekend - I've got to sit down and make a card for my sons birthday on Monday and I havent got a clue what i'm gonna do! lol

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete